OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
As I am sure you are aware of the ongoing developments of the COVID-19 (Corona) virus here in our community, the health and safety concerns for not only our employees but you and your families are of the highest importance to the Curry’s team. We are closely monitoring the local and global situation and gathering data from primary sources, including the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organizations (WHO), and State and Local Health Departments.
What does this mean for me?
We want to assure you we will be taking all precautions to ensure your health and safety through the following procedures:
- Enforcing disposable glove usage, masks and additional PPE for interior services.
- Equipping each technician with sanitation products to be used before and after services.
- Implementing routine cleaning and sanitation procedures for our household used equipment (including spray guns, tablets, etc.)
- Continual education for our staff on COVID-19 symptoms and preventative measures.
- During the service visit technicians have been asked to practice social distancing (6 feet minimum) as much as possible (sorry no handshakes or high fives at this time).
- We encourage contact-less payment whenever possible. Secure online payments can be made via your customer portal linked here on our website.
- Staff health is being closely monitored and those with any signs of illnesses are being required to stay home.
In addition, we ask that if you or one of your family members feels sick please give our office and most importantly our technician advanced notice before they enter the premises so that we may take measures when servicing your home or business.
Will my service still be done?
Yes! We believe that through diligence and the above safety measure we can maintain the full structure of our usual service procedures particularly as it relates to interior inspections and treatments. While we are hyper-sensitive to the stress and disruption this virus has caused across our world and in our communities, please be aware that will be functioning business as usual as long as local and national safety protocols allow. This means that in order to maintain the active status of your recurring pest accounts (quarterly, tri-annual and semi-annual customers) as well as our annual termite policy inspections, we must maintain scheduling your services within the time frame due. We want to respect your wish to protect your household as you see fit and do whatever we can to keep you, our customer, at ease so upon request we can extend additional health precautions while still maintaining your usual service schedule with us:
- Scheduling pest control sprays as robust exterior treatment only. You may call back to schedule interior service or retreatments as needed.
- ***Please note that skipping your services all together disrupts the effectiveness of the treatment plan we have set up with you, thus allowing a buildup of your natural pest population. Skipping service may result in loss of trouble call guarantees until at least two of your regular scheduled services has been reassumed.***
- Providing additional usage of personal protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. masks & booties) for our technicians prior to entering the home or business.
PLEASE feel free to contact our offices with ANY questions or concerns you have regarding our procedure in this matter at (501) 375-0788. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to continue providing the best and safest services for you and your households. We will continue to keep you informed of any developments or changes to our business operations. As always thank you for being apart of the Curry’s family!
Scott Pinney, Owner/Operator
Below are tips from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to protect yourself from the COVID-19 virus:
- If you are sick or feel unwell please stay at home.
- Wash your hand frequently, at least 20 seconds per wash
- Maintain social distancing between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning sprays and wipes.